Fales Road Station
Building The New Fales Rd. Fire Station
As we continue in the process of building the new Fales Rd. Fire Station, we want to make sure that the community is updated along the way.
- Fire District 7 submitted for the conditional use permit on August 9th. There will be about a two month waiting period for comments from the county to be brought forth. If there are any comments or concerns, we will have the opportunity to mitigate those problems and the conditional use permit process will continue. This process will take about 4-6 months. Once the conditional use permit process is complete we can get a building permit and then the project will go to bid.
- Once the conditional use permit is applied for SCFD 7 will get a project number that will allow us to link to the county website for the review process. In that time a public notice will be sent out and a project board displayed on the property. There will be an option for public comment.
- The Fales Rd. Station Committee met with TCA and approved the final building plans.
- After mitigating the comments made through the first half of the conditional use permit process, TCA, the architecture firm we are working with, is scheduled to resubmit for the conditional use permit. They will simultaneously submit for the building permit.
- The project is continuing to progress. Fire District 7 has advertised for bids on June 8th, 2017 for the new Fire Station 33 (Fales Road Station). All bids are due on July 6th, 2017. For more information on the bidding process, contact Assistant Chief Steve Guptill at 360-794-7666.
- Fire District 7 is conducting a non-mandatory site walk through on June 22, 2017, at 10:00 am to allow prospective bidders an opportunity to review the site.
- Construction will start later than projected due to the length of the process for permitting. We are hoping to break ground in August. Construction is still expected to take about a year to complete.